20160508

Railway signals and the Curragh


My route, map courtesy Bing Maps


Ali wanted to go to Newbridge for a hair do, so I hitched a lift and took the opportunity for a Curragh run on this the hottest day so far this year.  Actually I would have liked it better a bit cooler.

So I crossed that mysterious bridge over the M7 to the Other Side, found a railway line, and came back via the racecourse.

Stats 9.7 miles, average speed moving 6.2 mph, barefoot of course. I find it strange to not have seen anyone else running barefoot here - the Curragh with is grass cropped short by sheep is quite ideal.

Note the colour-light signals. More about these in a post that will be coming Soon.


Starting point

I may have said that I like railways

Curragh plain, ideal barefoot running location

More of same

Another odd earthwork (the Curragh is full of them)

Colour-light signal all clear - they use LED's

Signal at red

That's part of me, my toe dinged on a rock, and my shadow

Curragh race course

The horse that our neighbour M made out of horse shoes

the horseshoes are welded together

Beautiful iron sculpture at the M7 intersection

Some sort of rally - they were all honking their horns

No comments:

Post a Comment