20160612

In search of rain

The weather forecasts have been predicting thundery rain storms for the past couple of weeks and I wait in anticipation.  True there has been occasional precipitation but - well take yesterday (from whence come the first three pictures). The forecast was for 21mm of rain to fall mostly in the last afternoon. So I timed my run for as late as feasible hoping to enjoy a shower. True it did rain an eensy weenie bit, but not the considerable downpour 21mm suggested. I was checking the rain radar maps before my run and there were storms all around Blessington lake but none just where I was.


Unusual dog who tailed me all the way from home and then disappeared

Unusual view of storm brewing over Blessington

Unusual vegetation on Blessington lake shore

I repeated the exercise today. The forecast predicted rain early afternoon so that's when I set out. I watched the clouds, tried to predict from the direction they were travelling, then gave up the unequal challenge and decided instead to have a luxurious swim and then lie in the sun to dry before setting off again.

Unusual view (for me, lying on beach enjoying the sun)

Which only goes to show that, in spite of the accolade "Emerald Isle", in fact it does not often rain in Ireland. Well, not when you want it to.  I run four times a week at fairly predictable times and it is unusual to experience rainfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment