20160605

Around the lake in eighty minutes




The water level in our lake is quite low making shore-line circumnavigation feasible barefoot.  In case anyone should be foolish enough to copy me I must point out that there are stony areas where you have to pick your way, areas where your feet sink to the ankles or more in gooey mud (not good if you are wearing shoes, but wonderfully soothing barefoot), and the Kings River to cross, not to mention small streams. As you can see, in defiance of municipal orders, I swam across the Kings River "estuary". Which of course I cannot condone. The other bits where it looks like I was swimming lie - it is because of the current low water level.

Early Sunday morning, I had the lake to myself, although at other times I have found people fishing and we meet each thinking the other out of their mind.

Total distance 7.53 miles / 11.53km, average speed slow!

No comments:

Post a Comment