20160830

Uplowman and Tiverton Parkway


Track #2 - Uplowman - 16.56km

Up at 0600 on Saturday - once again not enough time for the beacon as we have visitors for lunch and much to get ready. The track for this and the previous and next barefoot runs were created by my Garmin Forerunner 15 but for guidance I also carry my Android running Oruxmaps with OS maps loaded courtesy of Mobac and, at Ali's suggestion, a cell-phone in case of disaster. It took the Android 50 minutes to get first fix - I think it doesn't like doing this whilst I am moving.

The route - the B road to Halberton where I turned right, crossing the A361 North Devon Relief road by a devious route in search of foot-paths. The only one I found was plagued by cows (I am slightly wary of cows, they have been known to kill hikers). The village of Uplowman because it is in the upper reaches of the river Lowman I suppose. Then back via Sampford Peverell.


Typical Devon lane near Sampford Peverell

This photo is especially for my American viewers who might be scared driving along such a typical Devon back-road, one car wide with high hedgerows either side!

Tiverton Parkway

I just happened upon two trains as I crossed the foot-bridge at Tiverton Parkway station. And then home along the bicycle corridor created in part reparation for having moved the station from Willand to this odd location miles from anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment