20160819

Goodbye Kate, I love you




I have succumbed again to the inexorable passage of time, bidding farewell to my younger daughter early this morning. Our loss is Oz's gain I suppose. As soon as the inevitability of the departure dawned on me a few days ago I started thinking how wholly inadequate I have been through her life - if only I could feel more of what she feels, and vice versa - do we have to live in, indeed be separate universes?

On the whole my parents raised me well, even if sport was not on the agenda. I did school, got married, had children and sort of did my best to raise them, my children grew up and now lead their own lives - and what was all that about?

But at least I have some pictures to remind me of the good times!  I love you, Kate.



No comments:

Post a Comment