20161226

Christmas day barefoot




Christmas day on a Sunday begs whether or not to 'do' church. We didn't. We had our big meal at 1700 leaving plenty of time for extra-curriculum activities before this. The weather was balmy (for winter - around 12 degC) so I decided to go to church after all - my favourite haunt the mountain by that name. The camera app on my newly acquired S5 smart (as opposed to a smart phone which it is not) decided to cease up so I have no photos, in any case the top was in cloud cover so not much visibility but my track proves I went there. My direction was clockwise.

And, no, it is not the same track as I made last time - it differs in my descent where I veered off the track to the right down a straight cut through the trees (marked in blue), beautifully steep, muddy and easy under barefoot.

Stats: 15.21 miles, average speed moving 5.15 mph, maximum altitude 542m, total time just over 3 hours, drizzle most of the way then a downpour within the last quarter hour. Not many hikers out but I did meet one couple on the descent.  They probably thought I was mad!  Perhaps I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment