20161023

Juniper tree


Blessington Lake

This morning's sermon was about Elijah, depressed after hearing Jezebel's threat, resorting to the juniper tree, then later hearing the "still small voice". The lesson was that we need to get to the place where we, too, hear that still small voice, which implies first leaving behind the earthquake, storm and fire. The inference I heard was that I am not yet good enough and must try harder, though I doubt if that was the intention of the speaker. But what I saw in the passage was a man at his wit's end (where I so often find myself) who God deigns to lift up and take through amazing experiences in order to use him, weak as he is, for His glory.

Speaking of glory and trees here are some more cool lighting effects from today's 9.22 mile, average 5.5 mph barefoot run.  Click on the photos to enlarge.







What, I wonder, is the purpose of this blog? Obviously about barefoot running but to date I am not aware of there being any barefooted admirers. It has sort of morphed to a means to keeping my friends and relatives up to date with what goes on with and inside me. But it started off as an anonymous expose, a place where I could express myself and let read who may (or not). Back then, since no-one knew the author, I was free to be uninhibited but now I feel somewhat constrained by the expectations of society. 

Wasn't it some musician who remarked that he could express things in his music that would never be socially acceptable in any other medium?  

No comments:

Post a Comment