20161030

Finding Autumn

Over-engrossed in work I so easily miss daffodils and Autumn leaves, two special times of the year. So this year I resolved not to let the latter pass without at least some effort on my part. Besides, I've been feeling under the weather with this antibiotic course I am taking for bursitis and I figured enough is enough - I'm not going to let a swollen elbow stop me enjoying Autumn. Besides, the sun was shining and there was very little wind.

So I cycled to what must surely be one of the most beautiful places in the world. Well, around here anyway. The upper reaches of the Liffey valley towards the Sally Gap.  As always, please click on an image to enlarge, and then you can scroll through the images.

The lake from Boystown bridge outward journey

Opposite the putting green

Blessington Lake - the level is quite low

Blessington bridge

Three Castles

To explain - I think Three Castles is an area. There is no second or third castle. Perhaps the Irish can't count or are being overly hopeful, for there are two small lakes in the Wicklow Mountains unashamedly called Three Lakes.


Gold for the taking

From the Liffey bridge, Manor Kilbride

The avenue at Manor Kilbride

The avenue

The avenue

The most beautiful place

Sally Gap

River Liffey

TMBP again

Spot the CDM !

Sunlight across the Liffey valley, on the way home

Like me, this one doesn't fit

River Liffey framed

The lake, from Blessington

...Zoomed in

Evening lake, Boystown bridge

The colours in the sunset from this point on till I reached home were awesome. Such beauty. Along with the usual gold there were mauves and dim purples that reminded me of Ramandu's Island.

And in case you are interested here is my track and, yes, I did disobey my own principle in that the route there was more or less the same as the route back. Not really much choice. And, no, I don't cycle barefoot. Because my feet do not have cleats.



1 comment: