20200426

Lake run




The COVID-19 lockdown rulebook in Ireland says outside exercise must be within 2km of home, and suggests a maximum of an hour or so.

That rules out the hills (we call them mountains) which are just the other side of the lake, but the bridge over the lake at the bottom of our road is well within the limit.

Yesterday I ventured out along the lakeshore from the bridge - I figured that once off the road I was also off the radar as there are no dwellings or worn human routes that you intersect once away from the bridge, but instead a lot of mud. So I successfully made it around the Kings River end of the lake, fording the river (it was up to my waist) rather than swimming as the present level is high-ish and I am not a confident swimmer.

In the event, as I neared the bridge on my return, I did meet one family group and duly passed them with 2m separation.

I'm hoping the 2km limit will at least be extended come May 5th. Once on the mountains and away from human habitation, who cares about limits? Unless sheep are susceptible.

No comments:

Post a Comment