20180724

Was it all a dream?

I run habitually three or four times a week and only comment here if the run is exceptionable: that usually means of significantly more than usual length. But this morning the length was moderate.

When the water level is low as it is at the moment due to the drought, the lake shore here boasts a Very Muddy Place . As intimated elsewhere I like to mess in mud and when done I bathe and wash it all off again. I then ran partly along the shore, partly by road to the Place where I can swim, the location of which must remain strictly secret otherwise it wouldn't be. And then back home.

So what's the deal?  What was exceptional was that, this morning, I was able to run at top speed virtually the whole course. How so? Perhaps because I took a dip early on: nothing like a dip to kick start the body. Perhaps because it had rained lightly during the night which makes hard surfaces softer to run barefoot on, and soft sand more compacted and thus easier to run on. Perhaps just because. But for whatever reason it was wonderful, so much so that I had to pinch myself to prove that I wasn't dreaming.

Or perhaps I was dreaming...

No comments:

Post a Comment