20180706

How much do you think you are worth, boy?

The world has been gripped by news of the Thai 12 boys and their coach trapped in a cave complex and I, too, have been following the story avidly. And now one of the divers has sacrificed his life in the effort to save them.  I quote:

The search operation would go on, said Rear Adm Arpakorn. "I can guarantee that we will not panic, we will not stop our mission, we will not let the sacrifice of our friend go to waste," he said. About 1,000 people are involved in the rescue operation, including navy divers, military personnel and civilian volunteers.

And rightly so. And yet there are thousands of children dying unnecessarily elsewhere so why are these 12 boys so special?  Because these boys (and their coach) are, without dispute, worth any price.  That's not to say that others are not: how can I comment on those I do not know about?

No comments:

Post a Comment