20121110

The most beautiful girl in the world




You may have wondered how I could take so much space talking about running barefoot or describing my childhood and not mention the person who I have spent the most time with. But I never intended that this blog should apportion space proportional to the importance of things in my life. That would be too difficult.

The story (heavily edited for the purposes of this blog) goes something like this.

There was only one girl I thought I really liked before I met Alison, but she didn't have any feelings for me and broke my heart by going with one of my peers. I figured that this idea of a man meeting his ideal partner and that person actually liking him was statistically very improbable and so, more so that with any other decision in my life, I decided that getting me hooked was something God must do. This resolved I figured I would then make it as hard as possible for Him to prove that it wasn't by my efforts.

My college class, unbeknown to me, had decided that I was the least likely of them all to get married. And so, to cut a long story short, I met the most beautiful girl in the world and I got married before any of them. Somewhere in that process there was a white Triumph Spitfire, an invitation to tea denied and a pair of bicycle clips.


1 comment: