20180831

Walks and Runs during UK trip Two

My first run from Ali's nephew in Finsbury Park was I think worthy of recording...

My track: 7.14 miles

I ran around the perimeter of Finsbury Park and was not impressed - too much litter - so took no photos. Next I crossed the railway at Harringay Station...


Harringay

...and then meandered somewhat aimlessly in a northerly direction until I observed Alexandra Palace on the horizon. It seems the obvious place to go next so...

Ally Pally on the sky line

Alexandra Palace - Palm Court

...so I did. It sits on high ground and on the ascent I passed a woman, maybe Filipino, and wished her the time of day. Some stunning views from the balustrade....


stunning view

by act of parliament

Ally Pally

The radio mast

Alexandra Palace holds some significance in my life because I once went to a concert there, because Ally Pally is Ali's nickname, because the BBC do things there it being the birthplace of television. On my descent I passed my Filipino walker again and remarked so to her. She advised me to take care running barefoot in London, which advice I took seriously. Actually I always take care having enough times dinged my toes, suffered from thorns and stinging nettles, thankfully nothing worse.

Hornsey rail depot

There are two footpaths crossing the railway complex here so I obviously had to take the second one as well, and then sought out the New River Way....


New River

New River Way

 ...which as you can read is neither new nor a river nor a way. Which explains why it flows on the side of and halfway up, rather than the bottom of, a hill close to our host's house.

Then back to base for an excellent spaghetti carbonara scratch built by T.




The next morning I ran again, this time to and across the River Lee: mostly on somewhat boring London roads so I will include here only one photo of vague interest, in proof that I actually went there, all 7.5 miles...

Tottenham Lock on River Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment