20150718

Clean out of creme eggs


Not long ago I had two creme eggs in my top drawer. One got eaten last weekend on Church mountain. And today I cycled to the Curragh, parked the bike and ran over 9 miles, re-fuelled on egg No. 2 and water, then cycled back (cycle round trip 24.5 miles, average speed 12.6mph).


Running statistics: 9.05 miles (14.5km), average speed 6.23mph (10km/hr). The route took me right around the Curragh Camp (Irish army headquarters) then back alongside the M7 motorway.

Apart from a few thistles the grazed grass is heavenly to run barefoot on. It was good-feel running for all but the last mile or so when my legs began to tire. Here are a few photos I took today of or from the same look-out post I found in my last Curragh run.

The look-out post

Strange ditches surrounding the look-out

More ditches - Under Me?

That's my head beside the post




4 comments:

  1. Maybe they are trenches for the Irish army to play their wargames?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they are, they are from a bye-gone era - no longer quite deep enough to hide in

      Delete
  2. good thing I got you a present in Blessington the other day. This reminds me I still need to give it to you :D

    ReplyDelete