20150712

10km

Mostly I run without GPS (because it would be yet another thing to carry), but on Friday I ran, barefoot of course, along roads in Naas for almost exactly one hour and managed an average of 10.21 km/hr according to my GPS. The GPS didn't kick in for the first few minutes, but I reckon the total distance was about 10km.

I passed a car waiting for traffic lights and the passenger, a middle aged woman, hung her head out of the window to ask "was I alright?", as if to enquire whether or not I knew I hadn't got shoes on. I should have parried back: did she realise she was not wearing gloves?...

2 comments:

  1. L'esprit de escalier; or more properly in your case, l'esprit de pavés…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Touché - although I had to google your remarks to get the drift!

      Delete