20150208

Here comes the fog

5pm - Fog descends

Accuweather said it would be cold to start with, but mostly sunny and rising to about 8degC by early afternoon. Armed with this prophecy I took to the road on my trusty velocipede intending to visit the Curragh and Corbally harbour and maybe explore the Liffey and its various nearby canals. Leaving at 11:30 the weather looked promising, but half way between Ardenode and Brannockstown I hit a wall of fog and the temperature dropped and I got exceedingly cold. So I shortened my route and basically chased the fog back home for a late lunch.

Later in the afternoon I took Meg for my usual constitutional and hit the wall of fog again, this time only a mile away. On returning and after a hot bath I checked Accuweather again. By 5pm the fog had reached home.

It now said "fog will clear by lunch". My calculation is that the wall of fog was actually travelling towards us all day from the west at about 2mph. So much for forecasts.

Sausages and chips soon - that'll drive the fog away!.

No comments:

Post a Comment