20140706

Bike to coast

First whole day bike ride this year and I ache!  One of my favourite routes: Blessington, Manor Kilbride, Sally Gap, Roundwood, Wicklow town (a brief swim), Brittas Bay where I met up with my daughter (who drove there) and had a longer swim and suffered bad cramp, Rathdrum, Larragh, Wicklow Gap and home again. Distance 81.9 miles, Maximum speed 43.3 mph (descent from Sally Gap - awesome and scary), average speed 11.5 mph, total ride time just over 7 hours.

Morning sun on Sally Gap road 

Resting, half way up to Wicklow Gap 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dad, that last "Resting" photo is the same view I'm painting for Kate. My version is more autumnal, though. Where exactly did you take the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just uphill from "the rocks" - there's a log bridge over the river there - I always stop here on way up as its just past the steepest bit of the climb.

    ReplyDelete