20120414

Running bare feet

Horrors - it is over a year since my last post!  Perhaps this is typical of first time bloggers - they give up too easily.  I will, however, blame it on pressure of work.  When I was blogging regularly this country was in deep recession and I was out of work.  Thankfully I now have work.

Back to the subject.  I have already explained my love of running.  For the past year I have been trying out running barefoot having checked out some web sites that promote it.  With the passage of time there are now web sites that discredit it sponsored, no doubt, by the shoe manufacturers.  Say what you like I am hooked.  It has taken time to harden my feet to the point where I can now run a few courses completely bare foot.  I hope to follow this post up with some specific experiences which encourage some of my readers to take the plunge. In the meantime Wikipedia has a fair summary of the subject:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barefoot_running

No comments:

Post a Comment