20120429

Running bare feet 3

This weekend I did the forest loop twice totally bare foot.  "Totally" means that I do not even carry my trainers with me.  I admit that it is still painful in places where the surface is rough but generally I am pleased with progress as, when I started this game, I did not believe I would ever be able to run the forest loop bare foot.  This course is about 5 miles and starts and ends on the road, but once in the forest is mostly on forestry tracks, some on grass, some along a muddy trail.  The dog thinks nothing of bare foot - either mine or hers.

These people that say that bare foot running is bad for you have, I suspect, never tried it.  If you, my reader, have never tried it then I can assure you that the experience is very pleasurable - even after the run the tingling in the feet feels good.  And without doubt running barefoot encourages one to land on your toes which, it stands to reason, is better for you.  It also exercises different leg muscles which tell me this the morning after!

No comments:

Post a Comment