20201011

Sorrel Hill


My track 22.5 miles part cycle part hike

OpenTopo map

Sunday afternoon again, and mild at 12'C and the mountains were calling again. Or "hills" if you insist. The last time I climbed (hiked) up Sorrel Hill was many years ago and with my daughter S. It was one of those father-daughter times. Our route back then was different from mine today.

So I started by deciding to cycle around the Lake Drive, but stopped at Lacken to inspect the tourist map they have erected and which informed me that just a few yards to the left I would find access to the "MASSPATH", and so I did and, oh my - I have to apologise for maligning Ireland's lack of well maintained footpaths! This end in particular but the whole trail was well maintained. I could not resist such a temptation so I rested my bike against a handy post, removed shoes and helmet and set off. I met perhaps a dozen other people - I think Covid has encouraged folk to get outdoor exercise. There were the usual comments on my lack of shoes, but all very friendly.

If you look closely you might notice the hang-gliders, even a powered one, and a bi-plane













 

No comments:

Post a Comment