20190817

Ballyteige Burrow


Ballyteige Burrow and Kilmore Quay

So Ali and I spent two nights at the Wooden House hotel in Kilmore Quay and I made good use of the time in sussing out Ballyteige Burrow which is the 9km long strand and dunes stretching to the west of Kilmore Quay. I made four forays and the track of my longest is below. The weather on our one full day was glorious, not so good the following day.


Longest foray 9.23 miles

The sea and the waves were wonderful and I took zillions of photos of which I share only a few. Most of the time I had the whole place to myself. The dunes had well worn tracks at the western end, but became overgrown with brambles further from civilisation: not so good on bare feet.





 ruins of the late Mag Redmond‟s cow shed?



Morning glory

The day after


No comments:

Post a Comment