20131228

Slow TV

Bruckner was infatuated with Wagner's operatic music although it is thought that he would neither have understood nor cared about the plot. I feel similarly with computer games: I am drawn towards the adventure type but always want to explore places that the computer reckons are out of bounds, and I care not about the point of the game which appears to usually be to kill the opponent. Or with movies like the Lord of the Rings where the scenery is so magnificent that I just want to look around and the plot gets in the way.

So I was interested to hear about Slow TV where films have actually been made about, for example, a train journey in its entirety - with no plot other than the fact that it is a train journey and, joy of joys, the camera is in the driver's cab!  Here is a preview of NRK's seven hour offering:


I love it...  Not sure about watching the whole seven hours though...

No comments:

Post a Comment