20130914

Lone camp

Cleevaun lough, Co Wicklow

Having bought a lightweight sleeping bag I thought I would try an overnight lone camp. Ali deposited me at the top of the pass above Lacken at 7pm and I hiked from there to Cleevaun lough (barefoot, with Meg). The bag wasn't thick enough - I was cold in spite of wearing everything. This is what the lough looked like the morning after.

Meg considering my legs

Sleeping fitfully I awoke the last time at about 06:00 but stayed in the tent until 07:30, then did a short walk to try to warm up (unsuccessful), then had breakfast (dry granola shared with Meg) then uncamped and set out.
Partial tracklog - starts on right
I got a bit lost in the morning mist, hence the loop above.  Thing is the lough is further around Mullacleevaun than I think, so on the way back in the mist I went further than I thought and...

Out of the mist at last
Meg loves chasing deer

The small lake on Moanbane

The larger lake on Silsean

My feet

Cairn on Silsean

Descent via the moss-forest

After the forest about 6 miles of road walking. My feet were rather sore when I got back, now treated with pink ointment.



No comments:

Post a Comment