20191126

Poolbeg chimneys

Another (and perhaps the last) trip to St Vincents hospital where Ali was signed off following her successful second hip operation. I parked by the sea and ran across the strand to the South Bull Wall only to have to turn around before completing it because the appointment took less time than we ad expected.  It looks like I was swimming but the tide was out and the strand is very flat.

my track 6.5 miles

Here are some photos to mark the occasion, and try not to be too bored to scroll down to the must see Youtube link at the end...








The original power station chimneys, now disused

The new power station also has twin chimneys

The red and white striped chimneys of the original power station dominate the Dublin skyline and feature in my blog post about my last run in this area. Following that run I did a bit of Googling and came up with the following Youtube video which blew my mind, also made me feel queasy just watching him get up over the edge onto the chimney's lid and then walk around the edge. Both chimneys are over 200m tall. Whilst the guy, whose name is Oliver, has been heavily criticised by the powers that be (whose lax security permitted such a prank) for such foolish behaviour I regret I have to give him full credit.




A screen shot of Oliver from his video

No comments:

Post a Comment