20190501

The South Bull Wall

Having already done my customary 4 mile run in the morning,  Ali had an appointment at St Vincents and whilst waiting for her I explored the South Bull Wall, at 4km it is one of the longest in Europe according to Wikipedia. I then found out Ali would be even longer than anticipated so I extended my run to include the Grand Canal basin.  It may look as if I was running on water - in fact the tide was out and the bay is almost level so the sea proper is way, way in the distance.

My track, 12 miles in all

Irishtown power station

Sealink ferry departing

Poolbeg lighthouse

Derek, I believe

Wall art and the lighthouse

Stunning - I don't know who they are though

Complete with fog horns

Howth, from the end of the wall

and in the opposite direction, Dún Laoghaire

Looking back towards Dublin

A cargo ship departing

Another...

The Grand Canal exits through this lock into the Liffey

Grand Canal basin lock

from the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment