20190406

Silsean and 16 miles bare foot


Ballyknockan, Silsean, Granabeg

We had no work party this morning so I had a leisurely start with my usual breakfast, followed by brunch at the bungalow. Once dishes were done I had to force myself to go out but, once forced, I was glad for it. I figured it was about time I climbed a mountain (at 698m some would call it a hill). So I did. As you can see I chose the nearest one to home. Even so the return trip was 16.17 miles, barefoot of course, average speed moving a mere 4.55mph (lots of hills) and elevation gain 784m.  Here are some photos I took so you can get the atmosphere without having to retrace my steps.

Half way up

I followed a stream

Some snow near the top

A very muddy place (I collect them)

Summit

Hazy view descending

Back to civilisation

A quarry near Granabeg

It's that time of the year - I love gorse!

That's the mountain I was up a short while ago




No comments:

Post a Comment