20181009

More island and more mud

Tuesday - I finished my painting job and the weather was beguiling me so, in the couple of hours I had, I set off down to the far lake shore again partly because it was somewhere to go and partly because I figured this island deal wasn't quite closed.

Along the lake shore you can get within about 50 metres from this "homestead island" and from that vantage point I took the following photos. 


To the right

Towards the middle

Not particularly interesting and no sign of this farm machine yet, so I moved along the shore to the left to change my viewing angle, and...


Far left of island

...and I still could not see this rusty machine. Clearly it is positioned just at that point where it is impossible to see it from this shore, doubtless to ward off would be thieves. Why does it matter anyway?

The road to the homestead

I had to retrace my steps - there was insufficient time to make it around this part of the lake - and on the way back I located the remains of the road to the homestead.

This part of the lake shore is Very Muddy. Typically you sink ankle depth but every so often I suppose there is an old stream bed and you disappear to waste depth in mud. When I say 'you' I mean 'me' of course - no-one else would be fool enough to explore these realms. Fortunately I was bare foot - it's easy to clean feet, shoes are not so easy. However my shorts did get rather muddy and I had to sluice lake water over my lower half, then entered our property at the nether end so as Not To Be Noticed and took a 'shower' in our poly-tunnel (hosepipe with spray attachment) until I figured I was clean enough to cross the threshold of home, and then a long power shower. Bliss!

OK: this famed homestead island is put to bed now. I promise not to mention the subject again.


No comments:

Post a Comment