20180520

Saturday morning


Cliff walk, Wicklow

An early start taking Ali to the airport: she is attending her mum's 93rd birthday party whilst the rest of the world is glued to the Royal Wedding. Once back home I went for a 5 mile run along the lake shore then, once Saturday community duties were done, I left at about 11:30 on my trusty velocipede armed with sandwiches, etc.

Outward route
My destination Wicklow town, yes I know this is a frequent destination of mine but I like the coast and it is the nearest. Although my outward journey was slightly circuitous via Moneystown to explore new vistas.

As usual I walked along the cliff to Lime Kiln Bay, put my feet in the water but did not swim (too cold, and anyway I like to swim naked and there were People there).

My return route, having visited Lidl in Wicklow (two bars of chocolate and one litre of orange juice for a mere €2.17) was the most direct thus via Devil's Glen where I admin I walked the steepest incline, and of course back via Laragh and the Wicklow Gap.

Total distance (cycling) 65.14 miles
Maximum speed 42 mph
Average speed moving 11 mph

I finally made it back, rear end sore and suffering cramp, just after 19:00.

I took this video at Brides Head (nothing to do with the novel), just by Lime Kiln Bay: it shows the very strong current that habitually sweeps past here, so that you would be ill-advised to swim far from the shore. Not that I would - I keep to my depth generally. At the end you can see the People desecrating the shore. I suppose they have as much right to it as me, mind you, possibly more as they might live locally.




No comments:

Post a Comment