20180121

Justification for my last post

Following two reactions to my last post, infinitely more than |I usually receive, I thought I should explain where I was coming from.

Like I said I saw the picture, minus its frame, waiting with stuff to be chucked out. I was aware that it had been in the loft gathering dust for a long time. I have no idea what became of its frame. I could have reclaimed the picture but had I done so I would have had to hang it in my bedroom or store it somewhere. It would not have suited our bedroom decor and I couldn't imagine Ali wanting it, or where would I store it and for why? In any case I didn't want it for myself - except as a memory. So I cemented the memory by photographing it and let the substance go.

I don't know where it is now. I could ask, and would if it were seriously wanted, but I don't want to make whoever disposed of it feel bad. Like I said, I am not sentimental about it. I myself chose to let it go.


1 comment:

  1. I have fond memories of this one also:) (But understand those that don't wish it to continue perching there on the wall.)

    Also - hey, can all the people that are commenting in person please stop! This is a blog, for goodness sake! Any comments must be made through the proper channels which is this one - the comments!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete