20170409

Castletown


Castletown House

I was let out today so I cycled to Castletown House. Yesterday the weather was balmy; today it was overcast and the wind was cold and the only time I felt remotely warm was on the way back, whilst eating a CDM and drinking Club Orange, courtesy of Swans on the Green (a shop), and on a bench in the said green, when the sun deigned to shine somewhat feebly between incessant clouds.

Swans on the Green

Time for a smackeral - spot the CDM!

The route

I doubt if William Conolly was ever caught eating a Creme Egg on a bench outside his palatial residence.

Castletown House grounds were humming with walkers, dogs, joggers and, surprising, bicycles.  I found a back way in, close to Western aerodrome. Which latter was of course where it all started, "it" being my youngest's passion for flying.

Stats: 59.0 miles, average speed moving 12.6 mph, maximum speed 33 mph.

Detail by Western aerodrome and Castletown House



No comments:

Post a Comment