20170430

A man of God died last week

Probably several did, but this was someone who had input into my life, although that was many years ago. At one point I regarded him as a sort of spiritual father and indeed leaned too heavily on him as I have alluded to in other posts. But looking back I can say that his input into my life ended up all positive, though I might not have thought so at the time. Indeed I would not be where I am now if it were not for his input although one can conclude the same from just about any past circumstance, butterflies and all that. I have no photograph to share but do have his signature at the end of, I think, the only note he sent me. His parting words preceding his sign-off were "pray for me as I do for you". I regret that I have not obeyed that missive as well as I might have - because of my ridiculous philosophy I had back then that he was too far above my realm to warrant my prayers having any effect. Perhaps history would have been kinder if I had. But what I do know is that God turned a past estrangement completely around and has bound two families together in a way that still blows my mind to think about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment