20160207

Longest run yet


Lake run 27.94 km

Sometimes in life you just have to do it. For a week or so I have been deliberating running this route. Can I make it? - am I stupid to even contemplate it? So, like other difficult decisions, I resolved not to dwell on it and at the appointed time, bad weather forecast or not, I simply started running. And soon it was too late to turn back.

I was wearing my ForeRunner 15 "watch" hence the GPS track. The Garmin activity site was down so I found an excellent alternative "GPSies" - hopefully if you click on the link it will display my stats.

Basically 17.4 miles, virtually all road running, barefoot of course, I ran the course anti-clockwise along the Lakes Drive through Lacken and thus to Blessington, then along a small stretch of the greenway, through Baltyboys and home. No problems except for one stretch of road that was dressed recently so rather stony, and exceeding lethargy for the last few miles.

Oh - and did I mention the weather? It was forecast to and did rain for the second half of the run, thankfully not heavy as it was rather cold and windy. And, wow, am I stiff!


1 comment: