20160205

Just one more


Mill road, Annalong, Co Down

I was 25 years younger then. It was a period of discontent in my life and I ended up as a labourer for two block layers. The guy in the background is probably Gerald and he used to encourage me by saying "just one more block".  And so I would repeat the endless round of carting more blocks, another mix of mortar...  But, like most things, it came to pass.

When something seems too hard to handle 
Too big to conquer, too far away to touch, 
When all your dreams begin to shatter, 
And deep inside you you’re hurting, oh, so much, 
That’s when it’s time to say 

I’m climbing my mountain step by step 
I’m climbing my mountain day by day 
I’m climbing my mountain all the way 
I’m climbing my mountain, I’m gonna make it 
One step at a time, One step at a time, 
One step at a time with Jesus by my side 
One step at a time, One step at a time, 
I’m climbing my mountain one step at a time 

Even though you might grow weary 
Don’t be discouraged, in your weakness God is strong 
Remember this, He’ll never leave you, 
He won’t forsake you, He’s your strength and He’s your song 
So sing and start to say, 

No comments:

Post a Comment