20130127

Bicycle

Sorry, no pictures, but doubtless there will opportunity in subsequent posts on this subject. I was about to ride this new acquisition for the very first time when the heavens opened and all manner of sleet and hail and snow fell out. So instead I took Meg after a short run - a bit cold on the feet but I survived - and then, after a hot bath, busied myself with transferring bike computer, lights and pump from old to new bike. Obviously the new bike is a very different breed as nothing fitted easily. I then took it for a quick spin to the end of the road and back and almost died of hypothermia. Oh, and half way along the road I realised I had forgotten the helmet. It is going to take some self discipline to remember this inconvenience.

My immediate reactions: the ride is much harder than I am used to: the guy in the shop had inflated the tires to 100psi which he reckoned was good but is much harder than I am used to. The bike feels scarily insubstantial. The front derailleur is not working - doubtless not adjusted correctly. To rear derailleur is fine and it is so nice to be able to change gears so easily. The ride was hardly long enough to do justice but, I reckon I'll get to like this bike.

Next I'll have to find something for Meg to ride else she's going to be missing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment