20121013

Barefoot running - strange reactions

People are strange.

I have enjoyed running as long as I can remember, but when I first started running regularly about 5 years ago I was worried that people might think my behaviour strange - like getting up early to run before breakfast, or running bare-chest in the summer, or running in the rain. As time went on I cared less about what I reckoned people might think. Similar thoughts attacked me when I tried running barefoot. And people did think my behaviour strange and did comment so it was not all in my imagination. Over the years I have learned to regard convention less and run more as I like.

The strange thing is that, when I decided to shift my morning run to the evening because of the cold and the dark, I hear remarks like "why are not no longer running in the mornings?" as if they thought that this was the most natural thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment