20240114

I wish I were running fast and free

It may be the cold, but more likely my age (but I know I mustn't let my age dictate my actions) but I do often find running hard work. I tend to limit myself to c. 5 miles during the winter (ok so I'm soft) and that is not enough to get runner's high. But I can dream.

Not me! But it reminded me of my dream

Last night and the night before I dreamt I was running fast and free. Free from aches and pains, free from loss of breath, free from tiredness, able to speed along without growing weary. I don't know where I was running: it hardly matters - suffice it to say I was not familiar with the route but it was beautiful. Amazing how the brain can supply 3D landscape imagery - where does it get its data from? It took me along a rough footpath on one occasion, along a track in another. At one point I stopped abruptly with a fast flowing river ahead, too fast and too deep to ford. There were a couple of other runners there contemplating what to do next. But the path opened up on the left, alongside the river - and then I woke up.


No comments:

Post a Comment