20191023

Senlin ascends



I'm in Las Vegas on a business trip. This evening my host drove me up and down "the strip" and then we ate in a pub-like place in a boulevard under the New York New York Hotel.  It's like a shopping mal - you walk on simulated cobbled streets, with a zillion stories of hotel above and weighing down on top of you. It reminded me of Senlin's experience in the Tower of Babel. The whole edifice of this hotel and the strip in general has one purpose - to suck money out of those unfortunates that happen there. With much entertainments, flashing lights, vain promises and banter. Oh, and there are numerous "wedding chapels" where you can get married for a song. Trouble is I had no girl with me...

Stock photo of the New York New York


Looking upwards to an LED canopy above the road

One of the incredibly bright high res LED billboards

The boulevard under the New York New York hotel

Searchlight atop a hotel that looks like a Egyptian pyramid


No comments:

Post a Comment