20190919

More Royal canal and Tolka valley

The occasion - Ali's out-patients visit to the Cappagh Hospital prior to the other hip being done hopefully soon. So I ran (barefoot) whilst she waited and stuff.  I clocked up 10.66 miles (and all that), and explored the Royal canal and river Tolka almost from where I got to the other day. Looks like I've figured how to insert pics from my phone in the correct order!  The bit where the railway and canal with its tow paths cross the M50 / N3 interchange was of particular interest - in short they did a good job in preserving the old with the new.

My track

Tolka valley near Blanchardstown

River Tolka

"Board walk" actually iron walk

Royal canal aqueduct over the M50

Same

The main railway NE from Dublin follows the canal

Nice that they left this old bridge in the M50 interchange

My path in yellow - the old bridge is in the yellow box

M50 interchange everywhere

Locks on the canal

Down train at Navan Road Parkway station

Royal canal

Level crossing at Ashtown - here I turned north

Building site on the last leg of my run (literally)

No comments:

Post a Comment