20161126

More lake photographs

Today was Saturday. Yesterday I noticed that the grease trap outside the kitchen was overflowing so, the first thing this morning was to dig a grave. At 0900 I joined the outside crew picking up leaves and then moving laurel branches that J had been chain sawing. After drinks at 1030 I lifted the three manhole covers comprising the grease trap and removed four wheelbarrow fulls of yuk to my grave, then cleared up and was a bit late for lunch. Which meant I skipped dishes. It was a beautifully still, crisp and sunny day with not a cloud in the sky (despite the weather forecast that informed me it was cloudy) so, this afternoon, I did a medium serious run, along "goat man's lane" to the bridge over Kings river and back along the river-side and lake. In places where the sun had not reached the ground was still frosty which was a tad cold and crispy on the feet, but I manfully survived.

After a hot bath, Ali and I enjoyed dinner together until I was informed that the dreaded amber light was 'on' - this means that our septic tank pump has gone wrong and this basically means that all bodily functions will have to stop within a matter of a few hours. Hard to do anything in the dark so it will have to wait till tomorrow morning which, fortunately, is not the Sabbath.  Did it have to go belly up just after getting cleaned up from doing the grease trap?

Lone pylon on its way to Turlough Hill


River Liffey

Where the Liffey joins the lake - the water is very low

Flotsam

See the boat?

Nice squelchy mud!

The boat stopped at this island - what is the man doing?

His boat at the other end of the island

This island, by the way, only appears when the lake is very low as it is at the moment. Moreover this boat, recognisable because, as the man sits at the back to operate the outboard, its bow is always high, is often seen on the lake.

The surface (moss?) in the foreground was bright orange

Evening shadows

No comments:

Post a Comment