20150321

First swim this season

A gorgeous day and I should have taken my camera. So, this time I turned left, which takes you down a dirt track to the lake, and then along the shore, under Baltiboys bridge, and all the way to the Valleymount bridge. About 8 miles in total. It takes me past one of my swimming spots so I gave it a try - clearly I am not the hardy type like those that break the ice in the Serpentine - I did a few strokes and then got out rather hastily. A lovely feeling of warmth afterwards though. And then at Lonely Bay I dammed the stream in order to divert it. Not entirely without reason (not that I need a reason to play with sand and water) as it is a dirty stream (it comes through farmland) and the diversion will make it deposit further along the shore from another "safe" spot for swimming. Not that I can condone swimming in the lake - it is not approved and it can be unsafe. People have drowned.

No comments:

Post a Comment