20200623

Devon and Somerset Gliding Club

Yesterday we drove great-grandma to Blackborough on the edge of the Blackdown hills, and that reminded me of a previous run and spurred me to do something similar again.

Blackdown Hills part of my track

This time I left early in the morning on this our last day in Willand, and I clocked up exactly 16 miles with elevation gain 817m. The footpaths around my furthest point in Broadhembury did not disappoint. You'll see that (in the unlikely event that you are interested enough to look) from my photos. All barefoot of course. Click on the images to enlarge.


Sunrise over the Culm valley

Footpath #1 through the middle of a field of long grass

Footpath #2 - a wide swathe through corn

The picturesque village of Broadhembury

Footpath #3 with horse

More of footpath #3, so wonderful

Last stretch of footpath #3 showing well maintained style

Ascending the scarp face of the Blackdown Hills

Stony underfoot but not bad

A glider-club airfield at the top

Sadly no airplanes though

Majestic Blackdown woods

View of Culm valley from Blackborough

No comments:

Post a Comment