20190320

Old kettles for new



At present we have these two kettles in our kitchen. The one on the right has perhaps lasted the longest of all the many kettles we have got through over the years. I have nursed it through several minor faults. It doesn't burn you when you pour (unlike the other one). It pours nicely (unlike the other one). It doesn't leak (unlike several of its predecessors). It is very obvious when it comes to the boil (unlike the other one). It is a pleasing shape (unlike the other one). In short it is a very friendly kettle and I like it and I use it every morning and at other times for my tea in preference to the other one. And yet They want to retire it, to replace it. If this happens I shall of course whisk it away to a save haven before anyone can trash it. Maybe I'll be forced to take my tea elsewhere. Or maybe I will in due course give up and follow the status quo and get myself used to its replacement. And thus progress is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment