20181225

Christmas 2018

I woke up at my habitual 6 am, turned over in disgust and slept another hour or so. Then lit the boiler and went for my habitual constitutional just over 4 miles. Then a small breakfast before checking up on social media and showering before the first big event of the day, brunch with C&L and my granddaughters three...




The next major event of the day was scheduled for 1630 so I had some time to myself. Why not prove that I can still climb Church Mountain? So I did. Barefoot of course. The temperature was mild, around 10'C. Unfortunately the summit was in the cloud (which now-a-days is considered cool).

My track below, same as my usual, 14.6 miles, elevation gain 600m (max elevation 542m).

A by-product was working up an appetite for dinner, although I noted Others eating more who hadn't run that far. Whilst writing this I have topped up with Nora's exceeding good Christmas Cake and frankly my tanks are full.





The route to the pass starts a s a road

Then becomes a track: looking back towards my lake

Almost at the pass with Church Mountain ahead

The summit cairn and pillar

The view from the top

Descent - good thing I had my waterproof feet on

At the base, and no, I didn't

Christmas dinner at 1630!


No comments:

Post a Comment