20170625

Tonelagee

Yesterday I joined The Others driving to the Wicklow Gap (471m) and climbing Tonelagee (817m), not barefoot because the previous Sunday I had dinged my big toe and and was thus being nice to it. The Others descended to Lough Ouler where two of them swam (the others had rather lame excuses), whilst I retraced my steps so that I could drive to meet them someplace beyond Lough Ouler, this arrangement to avoid The Others having to climb Tonelagee again on the way back.

Their route in nred

I duly parked along the Military Road and, whilst waiting, walked down to the stream that feeds the Glenmacnass waterfall and found my own place to swim.

This morning I woke as usual for this time of the year just before 06:00, enjoyed a lay-in for an hour (it being Sunday), then went for a run along the lakeside, having first bandaged my toe with red insulation tape. There is rarely any sign of All The People here at such hours, thankfully - because I like to be on my own at least some of the time. Although it was drizzling and a tad chilly the water was gloriously warm in comparison.

Now back, a hot shower and, afterwards, a mug of hot tea and a freshly baked blueberry muffin donated by my wonderful daughter in law!

No comments:

Post a Comment