20170301

Thou shall not tempt update 2

These are his parents' bold words a day or so ago: I believe that God wants ... to "be made whole by the power of the Holy Spirit" so this is what we pray and this is what we ask you to pray.

And I pray that the God who "made all the delicate inner parts" of ...'s body will re-knit them, that he will replace a missing chromosome, that he will renew faulty cells.

They don't strike me as "religious" people and they know the impossibility of what is being asked for. They have even wondered how to tell if there had been healing whilst waiting for the procedure - it seems the only indicator being the blood count levels which they will be watching.

I don't often get involved with this sort of thing: asking for the impossible, when frankly I do not think I have ever witnessed an obvious miracle - I like to steer clear and keep in the safe zone. But somehow this case touched me and made me cry out beyond the normal, something rose from deep within me, and I can only suppose this was God's doing. If not, if I was just reacting to emotion, then it makes me question if know God. If this boy is healed it won't me my doing. And if this boy isn't healed it won't be my doing either. Either God acts on his word, or not.  As that centurion remarked so long ago, you only have to say the word, Lord, and the boy will be healed. So be it.

See also last update.

No comments:

Post a Comment