20150823

More running in the rain

It rained all day. Having determined to take the afternoon off, and having a fresh supply of Creme Eggs, I cycled to the Curragh again. Round trip 25.6 miles average speed 12mph. Having got there (a feat in itself in the rain) I enjoyed running barefoot on the wet, sheep-cropped grass. Strange - I saw no other pedestrians.



This is my track whilst running. A mere 6.37 miles, average speed 5.7mph. Starting at lower right my path went clockwise - at the furthest extent to the left (west) is the hill on which a battle is waged in Brave Heart.


New platform for viewing the Liffey at Ballymore Eustace

I took the following pictures around the top-most part of my track - they bring back happy memories of numerous sorties with a trailer carrying my son's various scrambling inventions...

Monument at Donnelly's Hollow

Curragh grave-yard

Here be where JM rode his machines!

and here
And finally back to my bike for a well-earned Creme Egg and drink of water. At this point leg cramp was setting in - on which account I had to stop several times on the return journey.

My trusty bike awaits me

Home again. Fried sliced new potatoes and cod served with peas and crusty bread, followed by brownie with ice-cream and pouring cream. And a can of cider. Thanks Ali!

No comments:

Post a Comment