20150314

He went for a run one day and didn’t turn right

Saturday 4pm and time for a run (bare foot). I called "Meg!" several times but no dog came - is she getting deaf in her old age? So I went alone starting along my usual route but, when I came to the usual right turn, I kept straight on and thus committed myself to a much longer route. A route I cannot take with Meg because it includes a few miles along a busy main road with no footpath.

The route is over 8.5 miles in total. I made it back OK though I found the last bit hard work.

I've coined a new words: "Carincidence" or "Concarrence" meaning when two vehicles travelling in opposite directions along a road happen to pass at just the point where I am running. This afternoon carincidences occurred a good deal more often than normal statistics would suggest and at times I was forced to climb momentarily into the hedgerow to allow free passage to the cars which, it seems, imagine they have the right of way.

I have been running barefoot for many years now and still have never met or even seen another barefoot runner. So strange when, for me, the experience is so liberating.

No comments:

Post a Comment