20130824

Adit #2

Having, in my last post, discovered an adit into the Glendalough / Glendasan lead mining complex I feel an urge to find more of the same, though I am too chicken and am not well equipped to explore very far inside.

Glendasan / Glendalough courtesy osi
The adit of my last post is approximately at the magenta square: the one I found today is at the red square. My route was up the inclined track visible in my map from "the rocks" layby.  There is a lode line running north/south between these two points see here and the tunnel I referred to cannot be far away.

The stream that exits from the adit

The entrance is less than a metre high

Taken from just inside: the water is maybe 0.3m deep

A couple of ruined buildings nearby

View from the buildings


No comments:

Post a Comment