20130508

Five miles

Tuesday morning I woke with the sun so, being that time of the year, I increased my normal first-thing-in-the-morning-3.5-mile-run to the boat-house-lake-shore route which is exactly 5 miles.  The lake is high-ish which means wading in places, but is doable. I passed a couple fishing that early - they think me mad to be running with no shirt and I similarly cannot understand what would possess a man to sit shivering by the lake shore holding a line in the water.

What with the high lake level which makes my full lake route not feasible, the council's work on the local roads which has left them strewn with sharp stones, and forestry work which has churched up the tracks and made them most uncomfortable under barefoot, I feel like my habit is being compromised!

No comments:

Post a Comment