20130303

Hollywood

Today's run was a repeat only this time with a camera because I wanted to try to capture the exhilaration of running along the grassy rise which is called Knockroe. My route takes me from Hollywood along part of St Kevin's Way to the south end of Knockroe which I then climb to return back to Hollywood. The total distance is getting on for 9 miles.


Lugnagroah

Golden Falls reservoir

Barretstown in the distance


Down into Hollywood woods


The ford in Hollywood

A good place for a meal

The Hollywood beginning of St Kevin's Way: a statue of the man himself on the outcrop dead-centre

I have noticed the charred tree stump before: today we have the makings of a bonfire around it which is all very strange...

Ascending Knockroe looking north, St Kevin is shining white in the sun to right of centre

I assure you that the dog does not chase sheep, but I guess they don't know that!

Over the hills and far away


It's hard to get away from St Kevin

Looking south-west from Knockroe

Hollywood in sight, and St Kevin's way below, the castle motte in middle centre

About to descend down into Hollywood again
When my children were children we used to buy them sweets here. Sadly the post office is now closed though is opened as a novelty for the Hollywood Fair

Knockroe, looking south east from the R756
  
A welcome sign of  Spring along the road from Hollywood

One of two high-voltage lines from Turlough Hill


This part of Co. Wicklow is sheep country

Blessington reservoir

No comments:

Post a Comment